The credentials to connect to your server are presented when your server is created, or are emailed to you.
The following instructions should work in most editions of Windows.
- Click Start, All Programs,
Desktop. (In Windows 8, just hit the Windows key and start typing 'Remote Desktop' until the appropriate link appears). If you don't have a copy of Remote Desktop Client, you can
download a copy here
- You should see a prompt asking for Computer and Username.
- Click Options, which will expand the dialog to show more various settings.
- In 'Computer', enter the IP address assigned to your Binary Lane server You can find this in mPanel; simply log in and click Dashboard and look for the IP address.
- In User name enter "Administrator".
- Check Allow me to save credentials
- Click Save As, and save to your desktop.
- Click Connect.
- A dialog will pop up warning you that potential connections may harm your computer. Simply click Ok for now.
- A dialog will pop up asking for your Adminstrator password,
enter your password.
- You may receive another dialog warning you about an invalid certificate. Ignore this dialog and click Yes.
As with all passwords, please ensure you select a strong password and keep it secure.