The BinaryLane service is paid in arrears - that is, we will invoice you AFTER you have used the service.
To protect ourselves from fraudulent users who may sign up with no intention of paying, all new customers have a "maximum balance" of $5.00 . When your amount owing - that is, the number of hours used on your selected plan - reaches $5 BinaryLane will invoice you. When the invoice is paid, your maximum balance is doubled (to $10). This process continues until the maximum balance exceeds your monthly spending, at which point you will receive one invoice per month for your server.
To give a concrete example, suppose you sign up for a server costing $30 per month ($1/day).
- Your new account is created with maximum balance of $5
- After 5 days of service, you reach a balance owing of $5 and an invoice is generated.
- You pay your invoice, and the maximum balance is doubled to $10
- After a further 10 days, (total of 15 days after signup) you will reach a balance owing of $10 and a second invoice is generated.
- You pay your invoice, and the maximum balance is doubled to $20
- After a further 15 days (total of 30 days after signup) you will reach the end of the monthly billing cycle, and the remaining monthly amount ($15) is invoiced.
- You pay your invoice, and the maximum balance is doubled to $40.
- Your maximum balance now exceeds the monthly cost of the server, so you will receive one invoice per month until the server is cancelled.