If you have an existing BinaryLane server in Brisbane or Sydney and would prefer to run it from Melbourne, you can do so by following these steps:
- Login to mPanel and go to "Add Cloud Server" page to purchase a new VPS in Melbourne (with the same configuration as your existing server).
- Shut down your existing VPS (e.g. using the "poweroff" command over SSH)
- After selecting your existing server in mPanel, go to the Backups area and create a backup.
- Still within the Backups area of your existing server, select the backup and choose "Clone".
Select your new Melbourne server as the destination and wait for restore to complete.
- Go to the management dashboard in mPanel for your Melbourne server
- Login using the VNC console as root and delete the file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
Reboot your new Melbourne server to activate its new network configuration.
Confirm the new Melbourne server is working and update your DNS records
Cancel the old server.